JACLYN (JACKIE) VEASY is a lifelong resident of Evesham Township. Born and raised in Marlton, Jackie is a graduate of St. Joan of Arc School, Holy Cross High School and Rutgers University (Bachelor of Arts in American Studies). A 10-year veteran of the insurance industry, Jackie has worked at GEICO Insurance in Marlton as a Senior Claims Adjuster since 2012.
Jackie has been a long-time volunteer in Evesham Township. For the past decade, she has served as a committee member for the Relay for Life of Marlton, a community event that raises funds for the American Cancer Society. During her tenure, Jackie’s team has raised $15,000 for cancer research.
Devoted to her alma mater, Jackie is an active member of the St. Joan of Arc Parish family, serving as a Lector and Eucharistic Minister at Sunday Mass. With her mother, Joann, Jackie coordinates St. Joan of Arc’s Sunday-morning children’s liturgy program. Jackie also organizes and volunteers at St. Joan of Arc’s annual summer carnival.
Jackie is an avid traveler and yoga practitioner. Her family and friends are incredibly important to her, as is her desire to give back to the community in which she and her sister were raised.
Jackie and her family share a strong commitment to civics and make a point of staying informed about local elections and politics. In 2016, during the Veasy family’s annual tradition of discussing the candidates on a given ballot, Jackie was taken aback that no one was running against the incumbent State legislators who represent Evesham Township. With 24 hours to go before the election, Jackie felt strongly that voters were given a choice, so she told her friends and family to write in her name on the ballot. Despite the odds, Jackie garnered 70 write-in votes in just a day’s time.
Experience & Education
- Senior Claims Adjuster, GEICO Insurance
- Shift Supervisor, Starbucks
- Management Specialist, Jacoby & Meyers, and Associates
- Sales Associate, Bath & Body Works
- Senior Claims Representative, Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Insurance Licensing Coordinator, Janney Montgomery Scott LLC
- Bachelor of Arts in American Studies, Rutgers University
- Volunteer, American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life of Marlton
- Lector and Eucharist Minister, St. Joan of Arc
- Children’s Liturgy Program coordinator, St. Joan of Arc
- Organizer and Volunteer, St. Joan of Arc carnival